I want to be a mentor
Mentors in PLT Canada’s Green Mentor Program are committed to helping youth enhance their potential and identify new career paths in forestry and conservation. Mentors make 6 to 12-month commitments and ensure they can meet their youth 2-3 hours per month (in person or virtually).
To apply as a mentor, you must:
- Have over three years of professional experience.
If we accept you as a mentor, you will need to:
- Act as a caring and positive role model as your mentee(s) develop their career pathways and experience the workplace.
- Participate in goal development and reflection practices with the youth to ensure they have the capacity to direct the mentorship relationship.
- Demonstrate leadership and strong communication skills.
- Provide opportunities to discuss and model soft skills, such as work-life balance, critical thinking, communications, problem solving, and personal wellness.
- Work collaboratively with PLT Canada to ensure that you and the mentee(s) are satisfied with the program.
- Learn best practices with regards to being a mentor. This may include online webinars and training modules, in addition to your own initiatives.
- Complete a vulnerable sector criminal record check.
Applying means you understand and commit to the requirements and expectations listed above.
Mentor application form