Protecting your privacy is important to Project Learning Tree Canada (PLT Canada). This Policy explains how PLT Canada collects, uses, and discloses the personal information you may provide while using this website and website content (the ”Website”) and in any electronic publications, newsletters, or announcements made by it (“Electronic Communications”). Any personal information you provide to PLT Canada through the Website will be treated with care, and subject to this Policy will not be used or disclosed in ways to which you have not consented.
By using the Website, you signify your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, you may not use the Website.
Information Automatically Collected
As with many websites, PLT Canada collects certain information about visitors, even when they are not logged in. It may record your IP address, the URLs of the websites and pages you visit, the times and dates of such visits, information about the computer hardware and software you use and other information that may be available. Also, PLT Canada may place “cookies” on your computer to recognize you on return visits to enhance your browsing experience and to collect additional information about you. You may adjust your browser settings or use other means to prevent cookies from being placed on your computer, but doing so may result in reduced functionality.
This non-identifiable information is used for Website and system administration purposes and to improve the Website. Your non-identifiable information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
Personal Information You Specifically Provide to the Website
- Your Personal Information — During your use of the Website, you may be asked to voluntarily provide certain personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number) for purposes such as facilitating communications with you and allowing you to use certain functionality of the Website (for example, viewing and responding to job postings).
- Use of Your Personal Information — PLT Canada may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, to respond to your inquiries, and as otherwise permitted by law.
- Emails from PLT Canada — PLT Canada will only use your email address to contact you regarding your personal account. If you would like to receive emails from PLT Canada about recent news and activities, you must provide consent by clicking the opt-in option available in your email settings. At any time, you may unsubscribe from receiving updates using the unsubscribe option in the email or in your personal account.
- Tracking Information — In addition, PLT Canada may use non-personal information to create aggregate tracking information reports regarding Website user demographics and Website traffic patterns. None of the tracking information in the reports can be connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users. PLT Canada also may link tracking information with Website users’ personal information. Once such a link is made, all of the linked information is treated as personal information and will be used and disclosed only in accordance with this Policy, and in accordance with the law.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information — PLT Canada may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where PLT Canada has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to protect PLT Canada’s rights and property. If PLT Canada is involved in a merger or other reorganization, PLT Canada may disclose your personal information to the resulting organization.
- Storing and Securing Your Information — PLT Canada may store and process your personal information at PLT Canada’s office in Canada or through a third party service provider, which may or may not be located in Canada. To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, PLT Canada employs security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Nevertheless, due to the nature of the Internet and Internet technologies, security and privacy risks cannot be eliminated and PLT Canada cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy.
- Accessing Your Personal Information — You may request access to your personal information and information about PLT Canada’s collection, use and disclosure of that information by contacting PLT Canada at email@example.com.
Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. You can help PLT Canada maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying PLT Canada of any changes to your personal information.
- Other Websites — The Website may contain links to other Websites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another Website or Internet resource that may collect information about you voluntarily or through cookies or other technologies. PLT Canada has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other Websites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- Former Users — If you stop using the Website or your permission to use the Website is terminated by PLT Canada, PLT Canada may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy as amended from time to time, and subject to compliance with the law.
Your Comments — If you have any comments or questions about this Policy or your personal information, please contact PLT Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org.