Conifex is seeking a Communications Assistant to support communications, social media, public affairs, recruitment and events. The position is based in Mackenzie and is a 12 week term.
Working to present Conifex as an employer of choice to existing and potential employees, investors, and other stakeholders, the ideal candidate for this role will have an enthusiasm for working with the forest sector and supporting its position as a sustainably managed and diverse industry in the province of British Columbia, Canada and abroad. As Communications Assistant this role will interact with Conifex employees in all of our Canadian operations – Vancouver, Prince George, and Mackenzie as well as with educational institutions, municipalities, and third party vendors.
• Write, edit and help produce content for the website, newsletters, reports, infographics and other communications and marketing materials, including video.
• Support media relations program through writing releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, key messages, articles and speaking points. Build and maintain media lists. Undertake media monitoring and research.
• Support our social media strategy , including Twitter and LinkedIn Support updates to our website.
• Organize and maintain photo library: build and maintain an image database and permissions, coordinate the collection of photos and images for use on the website and presentations and coordinate photo shoots of key events.
• Event management responsibilities such as community events, and working with the HR Business Partner representing Conifex at job fair or industry events.
• Other related duties, including administrative functions, as required to execute this role.
Qualifications & Competencies
• Pursuing formal education in the field of communications, HR, Business and marketing.
• Experience in or knowledge of our industry would be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms and their use in implementing communications and media relations initiatives.
• Excellent verbal communications skill and ability to present ideas clearly.
• Proven ability to write effective, accurate and clear communication materials for web and print.
• Excellent organizations skills with the ability to prioritize and manage various projects and tasks.
• Ability to work independently, while at the same time seeking direction as required and having strong team-work and collaboration skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office is required. Proficiency or knowledge of web development software and other social media programs is an asset.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER