STORE AND RESOURCE LIBRARY
Climate Change and Forests: From Seed to Carbon Sink E-Unit$34.99
Climate change is one of the biggest global challenges we face, which is why it’s so important to educate the next generation of citizens and conservation leaders, ready to be part of the solution and take action on climate change.
The Climate Change and Forests: From Seed to Carbon Sink includes eight activities for educators working with students in grades 9-12. The e-unit is designed to empower educators to engage learners in inquiry and place-based learning that will help them discover:
- What is climate change?
- How do forests contribute to climate change mitigation and adaptation, including in urban areas?
- How does climate change affect forests and populations, globally and in Canada?
- What are possible individual, collective, and systemic strategies for reducing our carbon footprints?
- How does sustainable and climate-smart forestry support climate action?
- How can green jobs help address climate change?
Designed with flexibility in mind
Educators can use individual activities as stand-alone investigations or move through all of the unit’s activities from beginning to end. In addition, you may incorporate it into other units of study related to a broad range of subject areas.
You will get digital access to all the information needed to teach the lessons, including:
- Educator background information (containing curated videos and infographics)
- Preparation instructions
- Connection to curriculum standards
- Material and time requirements
- Step-by-step instructions for leading the activity
- Copyright-free teacher and student pages
- Assessment suggestions (including Kahoot quizzes, pre-assessments, and assessment rubrics)
- Enrichment ideas
- Links to additional resources