My Green Job in Their Own Words: 10 Videos to Inspire Youth to Work Outdoors
August 12, 2019
Check out these inspiring Green Jobs videos to see how youth across Canada are choosing green career paths that keep them working outside while having fun.
- Adam Danish is a Field Assistant who says studying grizzly bears for fRI Research in Hinton, Alberta is putting him on a “good career path.”
- “Imagine saving a whole forest,” is how Aiden Fortier, a Silviculture Intern at Ne-daa-kii-me-naan Inc. in Longlac, Ontario, describes silviculture.
- Breland Howard, is a summer student at Resolute Forest Products in Thunder Bay, Ontario who talks about forestry as part of our future.
- James Park, a Wilderness Trip Logistic Coordinator, at the Tim Horton Children’s Foundation Camp in Seven Sisters Falls, Manitoba, opens up about giving kids the chance to experience nature.
- At the Assiniboine Park Zoo in Winnipeg, Katrina Wilcox, a Conservation Assistant, wants to shine a light on all the hidden job opportunities in conservation.
- Conservation Technician Dustin Gregor, with Ducks Unlimited Canada in Minnedosa, Manitoba, shows how nice it is to be connected with nature.
- Gareth Carey, a Silviculture Assistant with Millar Western in Whitecourt, Alberta, sums up sustainable forestry.
- At Alex Fraser Research Forest in Williams Lake, B.C., Sky Jarvis deals with complex ecosystems, which means she needs to know “a little bit about everything” in her role as a Research Forest Undergraduate Intern.
- “I get to regenerate the world, which is pretty awesome,” says Kat Spencer, a manager at Skimikin Seed Orchards in Tappen, B.C.
- Marisa Bischoff, a Conservation Technician at Ducks Unlimited Canada in Vancouver, B.C., talks about how working in the outdoors is a perfect fit if you love nature.