This profile has been set to private.
Share this job
Suggested job :
Title: Nursery/Farm Labourer (Seasonal) – April to end of August (or end December)
Reports To: Dan Baker (Nursery Production Manager)
Based at: Baker Forestry Services, Nursery and Consulting
5001 9th Line, Georgetown (6 km. south of Erin) Ontario L7G 4S8
Job purpose: Perform consistent quality labour as directed from Management.
Wage: Starting at $14.00/hr
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Bare root and Plug handling.
- Potting production.
- Planting trees and shrubs. – large wire basket stock, potted stock, and bare root plants.
- Nursery maintenance – ie, pulling weeds, keeping the farm tidy.
- Must be on time for starting work each day.
- Care of tools and equipment.
- Other duties assigned.
Desired skills and experiences:
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL A MUST
- A background in horticulture or related field would be an asset.
- Ability to use hand tools effectively ie. Shovels, rakes, hoes, hammers, drills, etc.
- Ability to work under close and very limited supervision.
- Able to work in a team setting.
- Able to work alone for long periods of time.
- Experience in operating farm/nursery equipment would be an asset ie. Tractors, gulf carts, trailers, rototillers, other farm implements.
About our company:
Baker Forestry Services, Nursery and Consulting specializes in growing native seed zone specific trees and shrubs, providing rehabilitation planting services, and a forestry consulting company. Bob Baker began his company 15 years ago and has been growing steadily. Bob has been awarded the Queens Jubilee Medallion for his efforts in local land stewardship and reforestation, planting over 4 million trees from 1976 to 2000 during his work with Credit Valley Conservation Authority. Baker Forestry Services is committed to producing quality nursery products and providing exceptional services.