Date Posted : February 04, 2019 Job Location : Peterborough Job Number : 79984 Job Type : Full-time Start : April 29, 2019
Company :Kawartha Land Trust Address : 1545 Monaghan Road, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada K9J 5N3
Reporting to the Stewardship Manager and the Development Manager the technician will assist with the delivery and organization of volunteer stewardship days, outreach events and share their knowledge of nature and conservation with the community and landowners. They will also be involved in piloting a unique stewardship guidance program on private lands, involving developing landowner relationships and contributing to ecological fieldwork. The position will perform the following duties:
• Leading the planning and implementation of public stewardship workdays (tree planting, invasive species management, trail work, ecological inventories) working with a range of ages and levels of experience
• Assist with building partnerships and relationships to share our properties and our mission with new audiences (Individuals and other organizations)
• Assist with planning and organizing outreach activities focusing on nature connection and the importance of land conservation (guided walks, workshops, public events)
• Assist with ecological inventory fieldwork
• Assist with fieldwork to identify and plan restoration activities
• Monitoring and reporting of owned conservation lands and conservation easement lands
• Monitoring and reporting of species at risk using standard procedures
• Assist with the collection and storage of data including GIS and GPS data, and photos and the preparation of reports and applications
• Organize logistics for safe and efficient field work
• Assist with Social media and storytelling for KLT media releases and website
Travelling may be required.
Work on weekends may be required.
Working in outdoors in various weather conditions may be required.
Willing to work in remote locations.
Minimum experience : 2-3
Minimum educational level : Certificate/Diploma from a College or CEGEP
Kawartha Land Trust (KLT) is a regional charitable land trust based in Peterborough Ontario. Our mission is to conserve the natural and cultural heritage and distinctive landscapes of the Kawartha Bioregion. We do this by accepting donations of ecologically-significant lands and by engaging the community in support of this work through gifts of time and money to ensure those lands are cared for, in perpetuity. We work closely with community groups, government agencies, and individual landowners to identify and protect key properties and features in the Region. We also help people learn more about the ecological, social and economic benefits of land conservation and encourage them to become involved this important work.