Reporting to the Park Superintendent the gate attendant will assist in the daily operation of the gatehouse selling daily and seasonal permits and registering campers while providing excellent customer service.
• Perform daily gate duties: issue day use and campsite permits, book reservations for group camping, pavilions and overnight campsites, receive and direct incoming telephone calls,
• Responsible for handling cash using a cash register with electronic payment and preparing detailed accurate daily cash reports.
• Be responsible for opening and closing facilities as required
• Operate the Recreation Dynamics reservation system and Microsoft RMS
• Control and regulate visitor access to the conservation area
• Provide information regarding the area, facilities and regulations.
• Respond to customer concerns and complaints courteously and effectively
• Clean the gatehouse and maintain garden as required.
• Perform light maintenance duties as required
• Must be currently enrolled as a full time student
• Previous experience in customer service and cash handling is preferred
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Basic computer skills is required
• Ability to keep concise and accurate records.
• Valid Ontario driver’s license is an asset.
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to work weekend shifts, evenings and holidays
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER